Children's On Screen TV & Film Acting Classes
Our children’s classes aim to give children an understanding of the knowledge, acting skills and techniques to succeed in the Film and TV industry, specialising in that field. We recognise that as Northamptonshire’s leading casting agency, Casting Kids can provide up and coming talent to the screen. Please note it is not a mandatory requirement to attend classes, however one assessment class may need to be attended to join Casting Kids.
Structures & Practical children's acting classes
Our children’s TV and Film acting classes include:
- audition technique for commercial, film and stage
- teaching basic acting skills
- the differences between stage and screen performances
- how to achieve emotionally truthful performance
- how to behave on a film set
- cold reading
- adapting performance to the size of the shot
- developing listening and reacting skills
- technical skills for acting on camera
- how to create a piece for a show-reel
- how on screen differs from stage
- converting your talent to a genuine career
- inspiring general confidence, social interaction and creativity
Helen trained at Birmingham School of Acting and has worked on stage and screen ever since. She has several commercial, feature and short film credits under her belt and some of her favourite moments in the industry include starring opposite ex-Doctor Who Colin Baker in sci-fi short ‘Time, and Again’ and treading the boards at the RSC’s Swan Theatre in ‘Henry V’. As well as acting, Helen’s skills include screenwriting, singing, puppetry, aerial silks and of course, teaching! She has a natural rapport with children having performed for and alongside them in a wide variety of shows and films. She is also a teacher at Stagecoach in Northampton. Helen is DBS checked and is also a first-aider.
Venue & dates
See below for venue details, along with times and prices.
Time – Sunday’s 12pm – 2pm
We are doing 5 weeks in September to cover the missing week in December.
Sunday April 8th – 22nd July
Sunday 5th Aug – 16th Dec
Classes are held weekly on term dates below on Sundays at:
St Matthews Church
27A The Drive,
The cost is £50 a month* for a weekly 2 hr session paid in advance via standing order. If you are not local to Northamptonshire you can attend one class for assessment to join the agency to see if your child is suitable.
* First session free for children looking to join the classes full time.