Children's On Screen TV & Film Acting Classes
Our children’s classes aim to give children an understanding of the knowledge, acting skills and techniques to succeed in the Film and TV industry, specialising in that field. We recognise that as Northamptonshire’s leading casting agency, Casting Kids can provide up and coming talent to the screen. Please note it is not a mandatory requirement to attend classes, however one assessment class may need to be attended to join Casting Kids.
Structures & Practical children's acting classes
Our children’s TV and Film acting classes include:
- audition technique for commercial, film and stage
- teaching basic acting skills
- the differences between stage and screen performances
- how to achieve emotionally truthful performance
- how to behave on a film set
- cold reading
- adapting performance to the size of the shot
- developing listening and reacting skills
- technical skills for acting on camera
- how to create a piece for a show-reel
- how on screen differs from stage
- converting your talent to a genuine career
- inspiring general confidence, social interaction and creativity
Venue & dates
See below for venue details, along with times and prices.
Time – Sunday’s 10am – 12pm 5-10 yr old’s & 12pm – 2pm 11-18 yr old’s
2021 Term Dates
9th Jan – 25th Apr
9th May – 22nd Aug
29th Aug – 24th Oct
7th Nov – 19th Dec
Classes are held weekly on term dates below online on Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The cost is £50 a month* for a weekly 2 hr session paid in advance via standing order on the 1st of the month. Assessment to join the agency to see if your child is suitable for a one-off cost of £12.50 for a 2hr class session.